1. Swedo SE, Leckman JF, Rose NR. From Research Subgroup to Clinical Syndrome: Modifying the PANDAS Criteria to Describe PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome). Pediatr Therapeut. 2012;2(2):113.
2. Swedo SE, Leonard HL, Garvey M, et al. Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections: clinical description of the first 50 cases. Am J Psychiatry. 1998;155(2):264-271.
3. Pavone P, Bianchini R, Parano E, et al. Anti-brain antibodies in PANDAS versus uncomplicated streptococcal infection. Pediatr Neurol. 2004;30(2):107-110.
9. Snider LA, Lougee L, Slattery M, Grant P, Swedo SE. Antibiotics prophylaxis with azithromycin or penicillin for childhood-onset neuropsychiatric disorders. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57(7):788-792.
10. Kondo K, Kabasawa T. Improvement in Gilles de la Tourette syndrome after corticosteroid therapy. Ann Neurol 1978;4:387.
11. Matarazzo EB. Tourette’s syndrome treated with ACTH and prednisone: Report of two cases. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 1992;2:215-26.
12. Perlmutter SJ, Leitman SF, Garvey MA, et al. Therapeutic plasma exchange and intravenous immunoglobulin for obsessive-compulsive disorder and tic disorders in childhood. Lancet. 1999;354(9185):1153-1158.
13. Garvey MA, Snider LA, Leitman SF, Werden R, Swedo SE. Treatment of Sydenham’s chorea with intravenous immunoglobulin, plasma exchange, or prednisone. J Child Neurol. 2005;20(5):424-42
14. Pigott TA, Seay SM: A review of the efficacy of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in obsessive-compulsive disorder. JClin Psychiatry 1999, 60:101-6. 82. Biondi M, Picardi A: Increased
15. Storch EA, Murphy TK, Geffken GR, et al. Cognitivebehavioral therapy for PANDAS-related obsessive compulsive disorder: findings from a preliminary waitlist controlled open trial. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2006;45(10):1171-1178.
16. Aggarwal BB, Harikumar KB. Potential therapeutic effects of curcumin, the anti-inflammatory agent, against eurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41(1):40-59.
17. Rondeau, Steve. PANDAS: An Immune-Mediated Mental Illness. NDNR. December 2010: Vol 6, Issue 12, pp. 1-4.