GMO – What are the risks involved?
What’s the big deal about eating GMO food?
When a food is genetically modified, we are up against a food that is now being shown to cause (by studies from doctors around the world):
- Reproductive problems
- Intestinal inflammation & leaky gut
- Liver damage
- Emotional problems
- And much more
This is the worst health problem we face in our food today.
The 3rd generation faces the possibility of becoming sterile, which will be those born in 2030 or after. GMO’s started being introduced into the food supply in 1995 & the FDA authorized its use in 1991 with an ex Monsanto at the head of the FDA.
First things first, stop eating GMO’s.
This is critical for YOUR health and the health of the planet.
Foods to Avoid if NOT Organic (they will be GMO):
- Sugar beets
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Cotton seed
- Bt Corn & Soybean oils and products made from the pulp (Bt Corn means Bacillus Thuringienisis; it is a bacteria genetically added to the corn that kills the pests by destroying the pests intestinal lining. It will do the same to us.)
Some of the following categories of foods have been genetically modified but they are not GMO across the board:
- Crooked necked squash
- Sweet corn
Animals fed byproducts when kept in commercial feed lots & are raised on GMO feeds.
The pulp from making various oils is sold to make animal feed.
If Not Free Range, Avoid Animals:
Farm raised fish:
- White fish
Now, GMO Salmon are being bread
These are the letters used for this kind of food:
- GMO = Genetically Modified Organisms
- GEO Genetically Engendered Organisms
- GE = Genetically Engendered
- GMF = Genetically Modified Foods
- GEF = Genetically Engineered Foods
- GF = Genetically Modified
Again, we have ALL the POWER!
There’s nothing to be afraid of, yet we MUST take action!
1. Put pressure on commercial producers to only sell NON GMO & GMF foods only. This is the only way to beat the FDA and get these GMO products out of the markets.
2. JUST SAY NO TO GMO & GMF at your grocery store.
3. Look for the “non GMO project” in labeling. A public campaign that has started. This will be the next level of knowing that it has been tested and has no GMO.