1. American Academy of Pediatrics 2005 ‘Antibiotics and your Child’
3. Chung KF. Chronic cough: future directions in chronic cough: mechanisms and antitussives. Chron Respir Dis. 2007;4(3):159-65.
4. Bolser DC. Pharmacologic management of cough. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. Feb 2010;43(1):147-55, xi.
6. Maiwald VL, Weinfurtner T, Mau J, Connert WD. Treatment of common cold with a combination homeopathic preparation compared with acetylsalicylic acid. A controlled, randomized single-blind study. Arzneimittelforschung 1988; 38: 578–582.
7. Schmiedel V, Klein P. A complex homeopathic preparation for the symptomatic treatment of upper respiratory infections associated with the common cold: An observational study. Explore (NY) 2006; 2: 109–114.
8. Bordes LR, Dorfman P. Evaluation of the antitussive effect of Drosetux syrup: double-blind study versus placebo. Cahiers d’ORL 1986; 21: 731–734.
9. Ferley JP, Zmirou D, D’Adhemar D, Balducci F. A controlled evaluation of a homoeopathic preparation in the treatment of influenza like syndromes. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1989; 27: 329–335.
10. Zakay-Rones Z, Thom E, Wollan T, Wadstein J. Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Elderberry Extract in the Treatment of Influenza A and B Virus Infections. The Journal of International Medical Research, Volume 32, Number 2, March 2004. pp. 132-140(9)
11. Shah SA, Sander S, White CM, Rinaldi M, Coleman CI. Evaluation of Echinacea for the prevention and treatment of the common cold: a meta-analysis. The Lancet Infections Diseases. July 2007:7(7)
12. Melchart D, Linde K, Fischer P, Kaesmayr J. Echinacea for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 1999, Issue 1
13. Cohen HA, Varsano I, Kahan E, et al. Effectiveness of an herbal preparation containing echinacea, propolis, and vitamin C in preventing respiratory tract infections in children: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2004: 158; 217-21
14. Douglas RM, Hemila H, D’Souza R, et al. Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004, Issue 4.
15. Cohen S, Doyle W, Alper C, Janicki-Deverts D, Turner R. Sleep Habits and Susceptibility to the Common Cold. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(1):62-67.