Mental Health Advocacy Groups
Mental Health Advocacy Groups
- National Suicide Prevention Hotlines
- Phoenix Area Mental Health Crisis Lines
480-784-1500 (EMPACT Crisis Intervention)
1-800-631-1314 (Behavioral Health Services)
Dr. Paula Bass, PhD (Fairfax, VA): 703-591-8263. Dr. Bass is a holistic and integrative psychologist who offers a comprehensive and innovative approach to empower the client to find improved health and stability.
Phoenix Area Counseling and Coaching
General Psychology, EMDR, DBT
- Pati Anderson (North Scottsdale): 602-625-1414. Bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, EMDR, DBT skills classes.
- Karen Lamb (Scottsdale): 480-719-0606. Naturopathic Doctor and licensed counselor trained in DBT for borderline or bipolar.
- Janet Messer (Scottsdale/Tempe): 480-449-3313. EMDR and general counseling.
- Rachel Thomas (Scottsdale): 480-888-5380. Grief, infertility, couples counseling.
- Marcus Earle (Scottsdale): 480-947-5739. Individuals, couples, addictions, group therapy.
- Cheryl Cross (Tempe): 480-897-6261. EMDR, anxiety, trauma, depression.
- Marlo Archer (Tempe): 480-705-5007. Children, teens, general psychology, classes for parents of children with emotional concerns.
- Warren Littleford (Chandler): 520-704-8196. Depression, anxiety, grief, general counseling. Takes insurance.
- Gabrielle Loomis (contact by email): Coaching & empowering women struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma, relationships.
- Cristy Lopez (Phoenix): 602-323-7824. Adults, couples, and children, with a more active approach to motivating change.
- Leslie Whiting (Gilbert): 480-962-4357. EMDR, families, trauma, anxiety, depression; Christian approach.
- Michael Medley (same office as Leslie Whiting in Gilbert): 480-962-4357. Counseling for children, families.
- Family Strategies (Mesa): 480-668-8301. Addictions, Group therapy for addictions, Christian/LDS based counseling.
- Ann Warner (East Mesa): 480-339-2000. EMDR therapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, trauma, abuse. Christian approach.
- David Hubbard (East Mesa): 480-630-0297. Depression, anxiety, relationships, fears.
Therapists Who May Take Insurance (Call to Check)
- Marcia Conley (Central Phoenix): 602-866-0230. Individuals, anxiety, depression, relationships.
- Shawn Rodrigues (Chandler): 602-750-2215. Equine assisted therapy, individuals, couples.
- Wendy Lehnertz (Chandler): 480-656-8350. Trauma, abuse, anxiety, relationships, grief.
- Tracy Heinz (Chandler): 480-636-9111. General psychology.
- Michelle Crowell (Tempe): 480-897-7307. EMDR, eating disorders, trauma.
- Katherine Reamer-Bogushefsky (Ahwatukee): 480-205-4040. EMDR, biofeedback, life coaching.
- Pamela Dean (Gilbert, Queen Creek): 480-818-9999. Trauma, PTSD, addiction, depression.
Intensive Inpatient or Partial Inpatient Holistic Treatment
- Sierra Tucson (Tucson area): 800-842-4487. Inpatient treatment center with holistic medicine and intensive counseling. Insurance accepted for eating disorders programs. Other programs are not always covered.
- Psychological Counseling Services (Scottsdale): 480-947-5739. Group therapy, individual therapy, intensive week-long outpatient programs, addictions, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, relationships.
Outpatient Alcohol & Addiction Recovery
Psychiatrists with a More Holistic Approach
- Thomas Best, MD (Scottsdale): 480-427-3550. Mindfulness counseling, addiction medicine, and a different approach to medication management.
- Mark Schwartz, DO (Chandler): 480-899-4077. Child & adolescent psychiatry, patient-centered care.
- Dr. Lizann Schloff, MD (Falls Church, VA): 703-356-8600. Dr. Schloff is a psychiatrist in Virginia who encourages homeopathic treatment.
- Dr. Schloff, Dr. Bass, and Dr. Peyman have worked together to offer a successful, integrative protocol including psychological counseling, psychiatric medication management, and homeopathic medicine, to provide holistic care and better results for the patient.
Books and Resources for Bipolar Disorder
Books for Anxiety and Panic Disorder
Books and Resources for Borderline Personality Disorder
Books for Healthy Relationships
Other Naturopathic Doctors with Expertise in Mental Illness: